ExplorIR®-M 100% CO2 Sensor
Note to All Customers: CO2Meter cannot supply this sensor at this time because of extended lead times due to component shortages. For a comparable sensor please click here to review the GC-0016 ExplorIR - W 100% CO2 Sensor.
The ExplorIR®-M CO2 Sensor brings solid-state electronics to NDIR CO2 sensors
ExplorIR®-M uses LEDs to deliver ultra-low-power and rugged/vibration-resistant performance. Combined with the MX board, it provides the full-featured capability for industrial, scientific, engineering, or OEM applications.
- NDIR LED Sensor measures up to 100% CO2
- Sensor life expectancy > 15 years
- Best-in-class power consumption, durability
- Built to reliably measure CO2 levels in harsh environments
- Easy integration: compact & low power
- MX Board adds barometric pressure, % relative humidity, temperature sensors
- MX Board adds Serial UART output
- MX Board adds RS485 Modbus RTU with optional RS485 cable.
CM-40831 Development Kit – Easy to use, simply plug the MX Board into your PC via the included serial UART to USB cable. Use our free GasLab® software to measure and graph carbon dioxide, barometric pressure, temperature, and % relative humidity.
CM-40830 MX Board – Same functionality as the development kit without USB cable or software.
GC-0025 Sensor Only – for integration into high-volume OEM products.
- CO2 Sensing Method: Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) absorption
- Sample Method: Diffusion
- Measurement Range: 0-100%
- Accuracy @ 100% Range: ±300 ppm +/-5% of reading @ STP
- Resolution: 100pm
- Non Linearity: < 1% of FS
- Operating Pressure Range: 950 mbar to 10 bar
- external pressure calibration
- Pressure Dependence: 0.1% of reading per mbar @STP
- Warm-up Time: < 10s. 1.2 secs to first reading
- Response Time: 10 secs to 3 mins (Configurable)
- Reading refreshed twice per second (Configurable)
- Operating Conditions: 0°C to 50°C, 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Dimensions: 25mm x 40mm x 31mm on PCB (LxWxH)
- Weight: 16g sensor, 5.8g board
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 15 years
Electrical / Mechanical
- Power Input: 3.25 to 5.5V. (3.3V recommended)
- Peak Current: 33mA @ 2 readings/sec.
- Average Current: <1.5mA
- Power Consumption: 3.5mW @ 2 readings/sec.
- Interface: UART (Serial)
- Dimensions: 20×21×18 mm (LxWxH)
- 90 days - See CO2Meter Terms and Conditions.
Free Easy-to-use GasLab® Software
This device uses GasLab® software for setup, calibration, data logging, and real-time data analysis. GasLab® makes it easy to export data into a .CSV file that can be imported into any industry-standard software or spreadsheet. GasLab® runs on Windows XP or higher, and is free to use with our products.
Tube cap adapters easily convert 20mm standard gas sensors from diffusion to sampling sensors and add the ability to measure barometric pressure, temperature and % relative humidity from the gas sample. Molded polymer. Tube cap adapters are not pre-installed. For accurate results you must mount the tube cap permanently.
RS485 Modbus RTU Cable. Custom USB cable enables RS485 Modbus RTU communication to GasLab Software for MX Sensor Board and Development Kit.
Micro-Pump Kit includes all the tools you need to utilize the tube-cap adapters as part of a sampling sensor system.
Nafion Tubing is a highly selective, semi-permeable membrane to water vapor. If gases inside Nafion tubing are wetter than gases surrounding the tubing, drying will occur. If the surrounding gases are wetter, humidification will occur.
Micro Gas Sampling Pumps provide a constant flow of air across the sensor with a tube cap - perfect for bench-top testing of sensors for closed-loop sampling applications.
Probe Enclosure for Development Kits gives a strong and secure container to mount the sensor. Hydrophobic filters available for enclosure for outdoor use.
The CO2 sensor has a large dynamic range and fast response time. I've noticed a gain error of ~30% but have subsequently calibrated the measurement by mixing various ratios of CO2 and air. Overall, the sensor is small and easy to communicate with and works excellent for our research application.
A very stable sensor within the range from 0-100%. the correlation over the hole range is at 99.999%. An excellent product.