AM4205 Cubic R32 A2L Refrigerant Gas Sensor
The AM4205 NDIR A2L Cubic Refrigerant Gas Sensor detects R32 gas for safety or alarms.
Using industry standard UART, in seconds the sensor begins reporting 0-50% LFL (Lower Flammability Limit, equal to LEL Lower Explosive Limit) in with high accuracy. Analog voltage output is also available.
R32 (difluoromethane) and R32-based refrigerant blends have been identified as the lead alternative refrigerant in the HVAC/R market. However, because R32-based refrigerant gases are mildly flammable per ISO 817:2014, they have an A2L classification that requires HVAC/R systems to incorporate a gas leak detection and mitigation system according to UL 60335-2-40 Edition 3 Annex GG & LL.
- Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) technology
- Industry-standard serial UART or analog voltage outputs
- Reference channel for self-compensation and long-term stability
- No calibration required
- Built-in temperature and humility compensation
- Built-in heater for low-temperature operation to -30C
- Fast response, no moving parts
- > 15 year expected lifespan
- Cold Chain and Storage
- Commercial Air Conditioning
- Automotive Air Conditioning
AM4205 Cubic Refrigerant Sensor - Measures R32 gas only.
R32 blends Refrigerant Sensors - R454A, R454B, R454C and R290 R32 blend gas sensors available by special order. Contact us for details.
- Measuring Gas: R32
- Sensing Method: Non-dispersive Infrared (NDIR)
- Measurement Range: 0~50% LFL
- Measurement Accuracy: ±3.75% LFL
- Measurement Resolution: 1% LFL
- Sampling Frequency: 1 sec
- Response Time: T25 < 8 sec
- Warmup Time: < 30 sec
- Operating Temperature Range: -30~60°C (-22-140°F)
- Storage Temperature: -30°~70°C (-22-158°F)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0-95%RH (non-condensing)
- Protection Level: IP54
- Dimensions: 76.8x59.2x19mm (3.02x2.33x0.75 in.)
- Power Requirements: 5VDC±0.1V, ripple wave < 50mV
- Output: 3.3V Serial UART or 0.8-4V analog
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 15 years
- Serial UART Output: 9,600, 8, N, 1
- Footprint: 5 pins
- Connector: TE 1-2141520-1 2mm
- 90 Days. See CO2Meter Terms and Conditions.