004-0-0017 S8 Alarm 5% CO2 Sensor
The S8 5% Alarm CO2 Sensor (004-0-0017) is designed to act like a safety switch for alarm applications where CO2 leak detection is required and comes with automatic baseline calibration (ABC) turned on.
Thanks to a new optical path design, the S8 can accurately measure carbon dioxide levels up to 5%, yet it has less than a 30x20x10mm footprint and runs on only 30mA.
This sensor is designed for commercial applications. It provides simple communication via UART which lets you change the measurement period and control the ABC (Automatic Background Calibration) period in real time. Background and zero-gas calibrations are also implemented in a simple manner.
- Low Power, Small Footprint Design
- Automatic Background Calibration
- Industry-Standard UART Communication
004-0-0017: S8 Alarm 0-5% CO2 Sensor Only - pinless design for integration into high-volume OEM products. The S8 Alarm 0-5 CO2 Sensor comes with the ABC turned on for individual or application preference.
CM-0218 S8 5% CO2 Sensor Development Kit - Easy to use, simply plug the sensor module into your PC via USB. Use our free GasLab® software for rapid application development or to configure the sensor.
- CO2 Measurement: non-dispersive infrared (NDIR)
- Measurement Method: Diffusion
- Measurement Range: 0-5% (0-50,000ppm)
- Response time: 90% at 2 minutes
- Rate of Measurement: 0.5 Hz (every 2 seconds)
- CO2 Accuracy: ± 200ppm ± 10% of measured value
- Available Output: analog
- Communication Options: UART Modbus
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 15 years
- Maintenance Interval: no maintenance required
- Self-Diagnostics: complete function check on startup
Electrical / Mechanical
- Dimensions: 32.7 × 19.7 × 8 mm (LxWxH) < 8 grams.
- Power Input: 4.5-5.25 VDC
- Max Current: 300 mA
- Power Consumption: 300mA peak, 30mA average
- 90 days - See CO2Meter Terms and Conditions
Free Easy-to-use GasLab™ Software
This device uses GasLab® software for setup, calibration, data logging, and real-time data analysis. GasLab® makes it easy to export data into a .CSV file that can be imported into any industry-standard software or spreadsheet. GasLab® runs on Windows XP or higher, and free to use with our products.