S8 Miniature CO2 Sensor
The S8 is a miniature CO2 sensor module that acts like a safety switch for control and alarm applications. The sensor can be integrated in a wide range of different alarm applications where CO2 leak detection is required.
The S8 Miniature CO2 Sensor is one of the smallest non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) sensor on the market. Thanks to a new optical path design, the S8 can accurately measure carbon dioxide levels up to 5%, yet it has less than a 30x20x10mm footprint and runs on only 30mA.
Two versions of the S8 are available. The 0-1% sensor is designed for residential applications, while the 0-5% sensor is designed for commercial applications. Both provide simple communication via UART which lets you change the measurement period and control the ABC (Automatic Background Calibration) period in real time. Background and zero-gas calibrations are also implemented in a simple manner.
- CO2 Measurement: non-dispersive infrared (NDIR)
- Measurement Range: 400-10,000ppm, 400-50,000ppm
- Response time: 90% at 2 minutes
- Measurement Interval: 2 seconds
- Communication: UART Modbus
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 15 years
- Maintenance Interval: no maintenance required
- Self-Diagnostics: complete function check on startup
Electrical / Mechanical
- Dimensions: 32.7 × 19.7 × 8 mm (LxWxH) < 8 grams.
- Power Input: 4.5-5.25 VDC
- Power Consumption: 300mA peak, 30mA average
- 90 days