aSense Ventostat 2,000ppm CO2 + RH/T
- LEED Projects & Credits
- Green building design
- Green building certification
- CO2-Controlled Fan or Alarm
The aSense is an all-digital, low-cost CO2 and temperature transmitter for installation in a building’s climate zone. It measures both carbon dioxide concentration and temperature in real-time, and returns the values to the HVAC system.
The aSense is a key component in green building projects and is designed to maximize LEED credits for both LEED design retrofits and new LEED buildings. Studies show that demand-controlled HVAC systems using CO2 can save up to 50% of energy costs as well as improving comfort for the occupants.
For installations that need to drive a fan, alarm, horn, flasher, etc, the aSense -RL includes a normally open relay programmed to close at 1,000ppm.
- SE-0115: 0-2,000ppm CO2, temp, 4-20mA or 0-10VDC outputs
- SE-0111 -Disp RL: includes above + LCD Display, 1 Amp relay
- State-of-the-art Non-Dispersive Infra-Red (NDIR) technology to measure CO2
- Cost-optimized for connection to LEED, DCV or HVAC systems
- Contributes to lower energy costs when it is applied in a Demand Control Ventilation (DCV) strategy
- Internal automatic self-diagnostics
- Maintenance interval > 5 years
- Serial communication port for connection to a PC or a GSM module
- 2 analog outputs as standard (V/mA)
- Relay output as an option
- Cost-efficient RS485 or LonWorksTM local network communication options
- Internal 2-channel logger as an option
- Meets ISO 12039 Standard for NDIR detection of CO2
ABOUT CO2 STORAGE SAFETY CODES
This device will NOT meet requirements for CO2 safety monitoring which requires a Fixed/Wall mounted, hard-wired alarm per the NBIC, NFPA, or IFC regulations. Refer to our CO2 Safety Products page for devices that meet your needs.
Call us at (877) 678-4259 toll-free or email us to speak with our technical sales team about purchasing the correct device.
- Operating Principle: Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) with Automatic Baseline Correction
- Response Time (T1/e): 2 min. diffusion time
- Accuracy: ± 1% of measurement range ± 5 % of measured value
- Pressure Dependence: +1.58% reading per kPa deviation from normal pressure, 100 kPa
- Annual Zero Drift: < ± 0.3 % of measurement range
- Measurement ranges: 0 – 2,000 ppm (standard)
- Temperature Range: -20 to +60 C
- Power Input: 24 VAC/VDC ± 20%, 50-60 Hz (half-wave rectifier input)
- Power Consumption: < 3 Watts average
- Wiring Connections: screw terminals, European and US standard J-boxes
- Dimensions: 120×82×30mm (4.7×3.3×1.2in) HxWxD
- 2 years manufacturer - See CO2Meter Terms and Conditions.