Remote CO2 Storage Safety 3 Alarm
The Remote CO2 Storage Safety Alarm is designed to protect customers and workers near stored carbon dioxide (CO2).
CO2 alarms are critical in restaurants, breweries, wineries, beverage dispensing areas, dry ice storage, laboratories, cultivation facilities, or anywhere more than 100 lbs. of compressed CO2 is stored or produced.
- Wired CO2 Monitor & Remote Display
- Designed to Meet All-State Fire Codes
- Meets NFPA, IFC, and NBIC Requirements
- Meets OSHA and NIOSH TWA Standard
- Meets EU: EH40 - Workplace Exposure Limits
- Meets UK: Health and Safety Work Act
- Meets AU: AS5034 Installation/Use of inert gases for beverage dispensing
- UL listed for compliance
The Monitor has both audible and visual alarms. 3 built-in relays are triggered at 5,000 ppm TWA, 1.5% CO2, and 3% CO2 that can control an exhaust fan or send an alarm to the fire department or monitoring company. This meets state and local municipality inspection code requirements around stored CO2.
The CO2 Storage Safety Alarm is easy to install and use. Watch the installation video. Simply mount both units on the wall (all cables and hardware included), plug the monitoring unit into a standard wall outlet, and the alarms are ready to protect your customers and employees. To hardwire the alarm, view the instructions here.
- NDIR technology
- More flexible - extend remote up to 300 feet from the main unit
- Designed to ensure fire code compliance in any State
- Reliable connection with a standard Ethernet cable (25 ft. included)
- Large display clearly indicates the current CO2 level and temperature
- 3 relays automatically control fans to ventilate confined spaces
- 4-20 mA output to allow for remote display of values
- 88 dB audible and visual alarms on both units
- IP54 Enclosure - prevents water damage during wash-down
- 100% clean look – all cables can be hidden
- Measurement Range: 0-5% (50,000ppm) CO2 Sensor
- Alarms: 5,000 ppm TWA, 1.5% CO2, 3% CO2 (configurable).
- Alarm Response Time: < 60 seconds
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C (32-122°F)
- Calibration: Manual with test gas or factory calibration
- Sensor Life Expectancy: 15 years
- Power Supply: 110-220VAC 50/60 Hz to 12VDC Power Adapter
- 24VDC hard-wired power option (cable included)
- Power Consumption: 3 Watts
- 6VDC battery backup connections
- Relays: Peak Current < 2A @ 30VDC or 250VAC, SPDT
- Relay Color Coding: Red & White = Normally Open Blue & White = Normally Closed
- CM-1026 add-on kit includes 2 extension strobe lights and cables
- 1 year - See CO2Meter Terms and Conditions.
Please click and use the drop-down menu above to locate documentation
CM-1026 - Dual Strobe Add On Kit. Attach a flashing strobe to both the Sensor Unit and the Remote Display Unit to give a more visual alarm. Great for high-noise environments. Some local fire codes also require this. Call to see if your local municipality requires these. Order.
CM-0126-5, 6 - Strobe Tower Add On Kit. The Strobe tower gives a visual indicator of which of the 3 alarms were triggered as well as providing a louder alarm. Both 110-224VAC and 24VDC models available. Order.
RAD-0104 - Additional Remote Display. The Sensor display unit comes with one remote display that can be placed up to 300ft. away using Cat5 or greater Ethernet cable (28ft. included in the box). Purchase one or two additional remote displays, then daisy-chain them so long as the total run is less than 300 ft. Order on this page.
SV-1026 Solenoid Safety Shut Off Valve - designed to be utilized with any of our remote storage safety alarms, and can be directly wired to the SV-1026 24/DC safety shut-off valve.
GAS-0102-6 - Calibration Kit - Includes 1 cylinder of 100% nitrogen, regulator. The cost is $99 plus shipping. Because of MDOT regulations, must be shipped from a gas supplier. To order please complete this RFQ form and we will send you a quote with a final price including shipping.
Remote CO2 Storage Safety 3 Alarm
We installed this bad boy in our brewery outside of the cooler in close proximity to the bulk CO2 storage. It was easy to hook up, gives a good readout, and has a loud alarm. I haven't set it off yet besides intentionally spraying some CO2 towards it to test it. I have also ordered the strobe light so that all staff can be aware of an issue.
Our installer could not get a qualified person on the phone to explain the reset and setting process for alarms.
Looks like a great unit. And it was very easy to install.