eSense Low-Temperature CO2 Transmitter
- Measure CO2 as low as -22°F
- Built-in Heating Element
- IP65 Outdoor Rated Housing
The eSense Low-Temperature CO2 Transmitter is designed to measure ambient CO2 levels outdoors in any weather. The heating element maintains a constant temperature for both the sensor and air samples, giving consistent measurements over time.
The use of outdoor CO2 measurement as a baseline measure to compare against indoor CO2 levels for LEED points is referenced in the LEED standard for Outdoor Air Delivery Monitoring EQ1.2.
The transmitter uses an IP65-rated housing with a built-in heater. The heater ensures that gas samples entering the CO2 sensors are not only warm enough for sensing but also at the correct moisture level. The CO2 levels are then read by the NDIR carbon dioxide sensor and transmitted via industry standard 0-10V or 4-20mA signals to an HVAC system.
The eSense uses ABC (Automatic Baseline Correction) calibration. This algorithm automatically corrects for long-term CO2 level drift, making it virtually maintenance-free.
ABOUT CO2 STORAGE SAFETY CODES
This device will NOT meet requirements for CO2 safety monitoring which requires a Fixed/Wall mounted, hard-wired alarm per the NBIC, NFPA, or IFC regulations. Refer to our CO2 Safety Products page for devices that meet your needs.
Call us at (877) 678-4259 toll-free or email us to speak with our technical sales team about purchasing the correct device.
- Output: 0-10V = 0-2,000 ppm CO2
- Response Time (T1/e) < 30 sec. @ 30 cc/min. flow rate, < 3 min. diffusion time
- Repeatability ± 20 ppm ± 1 % of reading
- Accuracy ± 30 ppm ± 3 % of reading
- Annual Zero Drift < ± 10 ppm
- Meets ISO 12039 Standard for NDIR detection of CO2
- Protection Class IP65
- Sensor Life Expectancy: 15 years
- -22 to +115°F
- Automatic Self-Diagnostics
- Maintenance-free in Normal Applications
- 24 VAC/VDC
- < 1 Watt average (heater off)
- 1 year - See CO2Meter Terms and Conditions.