The RAD-0501 CO2 Monitor & Controller for Greenhouses and Grow Rooms was released 24 months ago. Since then, it has become one of the most popular products we offer. Today thousands of indoor gardeners rely on our CO2 Monitor & Controller to maximize their plant growth.
What makes our CO2 Monitor & Controller so popular?
- Ease of use - Our controller can be up and running in minutes. Simply connect an electronic regulator to a CO2 tank, plug it into the controller, and plug the controller into a wall outlet. Done.
- Savings - We get lots of comments that our controller has doubled the amount of time a CO2 tank will last. While every setup is different, it's good to know we're saving our customers money.
- Reliability - Many customers state, “It’s more solid than I thought it would be at this price,” and our favorite: “It just works.”
- Price - Customers tell us that competing products at the same price don’t offer a real-time LCD readout or CO2 control. Some of them even rely on timers that require the user to manually adjust the CO2 level until they get it right.
In the meantime, we listened to our customers and discovered there was still room for improvement.
For example, we found that customers didn’t like was the red LED that glowed during the dark period (they wanted pitch black!) and that the controller cycled a CO2 tank regulator more often than they’d like. While this kept the CO2 level consistent, some found it wasted electricity and CO2 gas.
Finally, they said that the controller should automatically adjust the CO2 level for greenhouses at high-altitudes. For example, a grower in Denver who wanted to maintain exactly 1,000ppm CO2 in their greenhouse would have to set the sensor to 15% above 1,000ppm, or about 1,150ppm.
To address these issues, we’ve upgraded our RAD-0501 CO2 Monitor & Controller for Greenhouses. This new version addresses the most common requests for improvements.
- LEDs turn off automatically during dark period
- Single CO2 level set point replaced with low and high set points so the controller can be fine-tuned to maximize time between CO2 enrichment cycles. Default is CO2 "on" at 800ppm and "off" at 1,500ppm.
- Controller automatically adjusts CO2 level according to altitude
In addition, the new RAD-0501 CO2 Monitor and Controller uses a brand new nondispersive infrared (NDIR) CO2 sensor for improved accuracy, repeatability and reliability.
Of course, all our CO2 controllers come with our full 1 year warranty, phone support, instructional videos and a great price.