Room Oxygen Deficiency Safety Monitor
The RAD-0002-OX Room Oxygen Deficiency Safety Monitor is designed to protect customers and workers near stored inert gases like nitrogen, argon, helium, and others.
This device can monitor for either Oxygen enrichment or depletion use cases. Common applications include cryogenics, cryotherapy, food production facilities, process cooling, or in any enclosed space where gas tanks or cylinders are stored indoors.
- Wired O2 Monitor & Remote Display
- Reliable connection with a standard Ethernet cable (25 ft. included)
- Large display clearly indicates the current O2 level and temperature
- 3 relays automatically control fans to ventilate confined spaces
- 4-20 mA output to allow for remote display of values
88dB audible and visual alarms on both units
- IP54 Enclosure - prevents water damage during wash-down
- 100% clean look – all cables can be hidden
- UL Listed for Compliance
The Monitor has 3 built-in relays that are triggered at 19.5%, 17%, and 12% (for depletion) or at 23%, 24%, and 25% (for enrichment).
These relays can control an exhaust fan or send an alarm to the fire department or monitoring company. The device also includes audible and visual indicators.
For O2 depletion, the first audible and visual alarms will activate when the oxygen concentration falls below 19.5% per OSHA requirements.
The Oxygen Depletion Safety Alarm is easy to install and use. Simply mount both units on the wall (all cables and hardware included), plug the monitoring unit into a standard wall outlet, and the alarms are ready to protect your customers and employees.
Looking for an oxygen depletion alarm inside refrigerators or freezers? View our RAD-0002-ZR Oxygen Deficiency Alarm for Low Temperatures.
RAD-0002-OX - Room Oxygen Deficiency Safety Monitor
CM-1027 - Dual Strobe Add On Kit
RAD-0022-OX - Additional Remote Display (Supports up to 3 total)
RAD-0002-OUT - Outdoor Enclosure + RAD-0002 Device
- Measurement Range: 0-25% Oxygen Sensor
- O2 Deficiency Alarms: 19%, 17%, and 12%.
- O2 Enrichment Alarms: 23%, 24% and 25%.
- Alarm Response Time: < 60 seconds
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C (32-122°F)
- Calibration: Manual with test gas or factory calibration
- Sensor Life Expectancy: 5 years
- Power Supply: 110-240VAC to 6VDC Adapter
- 24VDC hard-wired power option (cable included)
- Power Consumption: 3 Watts
- 6VDC battery backup connections
- Relays: Peak Current < 2A @ 30VDC or 250VAC, SPDT
- Relay Color Coding: Red & White = Normally Open Blue & White = Normally Closed
- Outputs: 4-20mA
- 1 year - See CO2Meter Terms and Conditions
Please click and use the drop-down menu above to locate documentation
CM-1027 - Dual Strobe Add On Kit. Attach a flashing strobe to both the Sensor Unit and the Remote Display Unit to give a more visual alarm. Great for high-noise environments. Some local fire codes also require this. Call to see if your local municipality requires these.6
CM-0126-5, 6 - Strobe Tower Add On Kit. The Strobe tower gives a visual indicator of which of the 3 alarms were triggered as well as providing a louder alarm. Both 110-224VAC and 24VDC models are available. Order online here.
RAD-0022-OX - Additional Remote Display. The Sensor display unit comes with one remote display that can be placed up to 300ft. away using Cat5 or greater Ethernet cable (28ft. included in box). Purchase one or two additional remote displays, then daisy-chain them so long as the total run is less than 300 ft.
RAD-0002-OUT - Remote Storage Outdoor Enclosure - designed to be utilized with any of our remote storage safety alarms, and can be directly installed outdoors near aggressive environments where the enclosure can protect against dust, debris, and splashdown.
Calibration Gas - Because of MDOT regulations, calibration gases must be shipped from a certified gas supplier. You can order calibration gas from your local supplier or you can order the following products from CalGasDirect.com.