Infrared Methane CH4 Gas Sensor
The Cubic CU-SJH-5 Infrared Methane Gas Sensor detects 0-5% levels of flammable hydrocarbon methane gases in ambient environments.
- Measures 0 to 5% methane
- Useful for safety and alarms
- Long-life infrared sensor
- Precise measurement and stable performance
- ATEX rated for combustible environments
- Serial UART and Analog Voltage Outputs
- Zero and Span Calibration
- 5+ Year Lifespan
The sensor can be reliable for the detection of refrigerants such as R32 as well as other hydrocarbons like propane. It can also be used for environmental monitoring, gas drainage, chemical, algae, petroleum, metallurgy, oil depots, liquefied gas stations, paint, gas transmission, and other combustible gas applications..
CU-SJH-5 CH Sensor Infrared methane gas sensor only.
CU-SJH-5-DK Sensor Development kit. CU-1000 Sensor on PCB with serial UART to USB cable included makes it simple to read, graph or data log methane levels using our free GasLab® software.
- Measuring Gas: Methane
- Sensing Method: NDIR
- Measurement Ranges: 0-5%
- Accuracy: Range 0-1%Vol: ±0.06%. Range > 1%vol: ±6%
- Measurement Resolution: 0.1%
- Warm up Time < 10s
- Maximum Response time (T90): < 25s
- Zero Repeatability: ±0.01%Vol.
- Full Scale Repeatability: ±0.03%Vol.
- Zero Drift: ±0.01%Vol./month
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° ~ 70°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° ~ 85°C
- Working Humidity: 0-95%RH (non-condensing)
- Working Voltage: 3.3-6VDC
- Working Current: 55~60mA
- Output Serial: UART-TTL (2.5-3.3v), 9,600, 8,N,1
- Output Analog Voltage: 0.4V-2V
- Dimensions: 0.79 x 0.75 in. (20x19mm)
- Body Material: Stainless steel
- Weight: 18g
- Lifespan: > 10 years
- Output footprint: 5 pins
- Ex-proof Level: Ex ia IIC T4 Ga GYB19.1789
Free Easy-to-use GasLab™ Software
This device uses GasLab® software for setup, calibration, data logging, and real-time data analysis. GasLab® makes it easy to export data into a .CSV file that can be imported into any industry-standard software or spreadsheet. GasLab® runs on Windows XP or higher, and free to use with our products.
Tube Cap Adapters easily convert 20mm standard gas sensors from diffusion to sampling sensors. Molded polymer. Tube cap adapters are not pre-installed. For accurate results you must mount the tube cap permanently.
Micro-Pump Kit includes all the tools you need to utilize the tube-cap adapters as part of a sampling sensor system.
Nafion Tubing is a highly selective, semi-permeable membrane to water vapor. If gases inside Nafion tubing are wetter than gases surrounding the tubing, drying will occur. If the surrounding gases are wetter, humidification will occur.
Micro Gas Sampling Pumps provide a constant flow of air across the sensor with a tube cap - perfect for bench-top testing of sensors for closed-loop sampling applications.
Probe Enclosure for Development Kits gives a strong and secure container to mount the sensor. Hydrophobic filters available for enclosure for outdoor use.