Because safety matters, our carbon monoxide detectors are the best in the industry.
Our customers ask us every day to recommend the best portable carbon monoxide detectors to complement our line of portable carbon dioxide meters. After carefully researching the market, we are proud to offer selected meters by BW Technologies from Honeywell. We believe these are the best quality and value hand-held portable CO detectors on the market today.
Each of these meters is designed to fulfill a specific purpose – from extreme personal safety in hazardous environments – to multi gas detectors with both CO and CO2 for remote data logging. If you need carbon monoxide detection in the workplace, one of these great portable gas detectors is certain to meet your needs.
About Carbon Monoxide
- Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas that has no odor or color.
- It is the most common type of fatal poisoning in many countries.
- CO is the result of combustion in fuel-burning appliances such as oil and gas furnaces, gas water heaters, gas ranges and ovens, gas dryers, gas or kerosene space heaters, fire places and wood stoves.
- It is also generated by any 2-stroke or 4-stroke gasoline engine that does not use a catalytic converter on the exhaust.
Recommended Carbon Monoxide Levels
- Symptoms of mild CO poisoning include headaches and dizziness at concentrations less than 100 ppm.
- Concentrations as low as 667 ppm can be life-threatening.
- In the United States, OSHA limits long-term workplace exposure levels to 50 ppm.