ExplorIR®-M 20% CO2 Sensor
The ExplorIR®-M (formerly known as MinIR) CO2 sensor brings solid state electronics to NDIR CO2 sensors.
ExplorIR®-M uses LEDs to deliver ultra-low power and rugged/vibration-resistant performance. Combined with the MX board, it provides full-featured capability for industrial, scientific, engineering or OEM applications.
- NDIR LED Sensor measures up to 20% CO2
- Includes barometric pressure, % relative humidity, temperature sensors
- Sensor life expectancy > 15 years
- Serial UART, analog output
- RS485 Modbus RTU with optional RS485 cable.
- Best-in-class power consumption, durability
- Built to reliably measure CO2 levels in harsh environments
- Easy integration: compact & low power
CM-40531 Development Kit – Easy to use, simply plug the MX Board into your PC via the included serial UART to USB cable. Use our free GasLab® software to measure and graph carbon dioxide, barometric pressure, temperature, and % relative humidity. Includes on-board memory for data logging.
CM-40530 MX Board – Same functionality as the development kit without USB cable or software.
GC-0026 Sensor Only – for integration into high-volume OEM products.
- CO2 Sensing Method: Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) absorption
- Sample Method: Diffusion
- Measurement Range: 0-20%
- Accuracy: ±70 ppm +/- 20% of reading @ STP
- Resolution: 10ppm
- Non Linearity: < 1% of FS
- Operating Pressure Range: 950 mbar to 10 bar
- external pressure calibration
- Pressure Dependence: 0.1% of reading per mbar @STP
- Warm-up Time: < 10s. 1.2 secs to first reading
- Response Time: 10 secs to 3 mins (Configurable)
- Reading refreshed twice per second (Configurable)
- Operating Conditions: 0°C to 50°C, 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Dimensions: 25mm x 40mm x 31mm on PCB (LxWxH)
- Weight: 16g sensor, 5.8g board
- Sensor Life Expectancy: > 15 years
Electrical / Mechanical
- Power Input: 3.25 to 5.5V. (3.3V recommended)
- Peak Current: 33mA @ 2 readings/sec.
- Average Current: <1.5mA
- Power Consumption: 3.5mW @ 2 readings/sec.
- Interface: UART (Serial)
- Dimensions: 20×21×18 mm (LxWxH)
- 90 days - See CO2Meter Terms and Conditions.
Free Easy-to-use GasLab® Software
This device uses GasLab® software for setup, calibration, data logging, and real-time data analysis. GasLab® makes it easy to export data into a .CSV file that can be imported into any industry-standard software or spreadsheet. GasLab® runs on Windows XP or higher, and is free to use with our products.
Tube cap adapters easily convert 20mm standard gas sensors from diffusion to sampling sensors and add the ability to measure barometric pressure, temperature and % relative humidity from the gas sample. Molded polymer. Tube cap adapters are not pre-installed. For accurate results you must mount the tube cap permanently.
RS485 Modbus RTU Cable. Custom USB cable enables RS485 Modbus RTU communication to GasLab Software for MX Sensor Board and Development Kit.
Micro-Pump Kit includes all the tools you need to utilize the tube-cap adapters as part of a sampling sensor system.
Nafion Tubing is a highly selective, semi-permeable membrane to water vapor. If gases inside Nafion tubing are wetter than gases surrounding the tubing, drying will occur. If the surrounding gases are wetter, humidification will occur.
Micro Gas Sampling Pumps provide a constant flow of air across the sensor with a tube cap - perfect for bench-top testing of sensors for closed-loop sampling applications.
Probe Enclosure for Development Kits gives a strong and secure container to mount the sensor. Hydrophobic filters available for enclosure for outdoor use.
I bought a CO2 sensor (and O2 sensor) for research work monitoring animals and as a cheap alternative to very expensive systems. Yet to use properly but it seems to be very stable and responsive and I'll likely buy more. Also very impressed with the O2 sensor.